Battle Chasers: Nightwar is an American made JPRG and dungeon-crawler, based on the best-selling Battle Chasers comic series by Joe Maduriera and inspired by JPRG greats such as Final Fantasy, Suikoden, Chrono Trigger, and Phantasy Star. It was developed by Airship Syndicate, funded through Kickstarter and published by THQ Nordic. The game features beautiful environments; a gorgeously animated strategic turn-based combat system; and hand-crafted dungeon rooms which are randomly arranged for a different experience each time. Players will battle enemies, find secrets, solve puzzles and explore the world.Battle Chasers: Nightwar released for PC, PS4 and Xbox One on October 3rd, 2017. A Nintendo Switch version is currently in development.
- Plan for survival. Choose three of the Heroes you've unlocked, fill your travel backpack with Items from your stash, make sure you've chosen the best Equipment and Abilities for each hero... and then strike out.
- Explore an Overworld presented in classic form, peppered with hidden Dungeons, rare Bosses and randomly appearing Characters.
- Old-school combat inspired by the console RPG greats, with a unique two-tiered Mana system and turn-based initiative featuring random Buffs and Debuffs on Initiative slots.
- Action oriented, randomly-generated Dungeons loaded with Traps, Puzzles and Secrets. Use each Hero's unique dungeon skills to survive!
- Non-linear story driven by the discovery of lore on Items, landmarks and secret elements in the world. Discovering these will both provide deeper insight into the mysterious Lost Vale, and also reward Lore Points, which are used to upgrade the heroes' different Abilities.
- Truly key story moments will be depicted in gorgeous, traditional 2D animation from Powerhouse Animation Studios. For these, sit back and enjoy.